Re: orion5x housekeeping

On Wed, Dec 30, 2015 at 6:51 PM, Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> wrote:
2) HP Media Vault mv2120: this used to work fine and had users but I
haven't heard anything recently.  Any users?

I just installed Debian Jessie on two HP MV2120's I use for backup systems at my house in the past week. Jessie came up perfectly fine.  My only complaint is that SATA performance is a bit slow, but I don't know if this is from the low specs on the orion5x CPU or if the SATA drivers are not very polished.  Otherwise they are great little systems to run Debian and software RAID on.

Hopefully Debian can be maintained on the HP MV2120 into the future...

Mike