armel or armhf?

I have an MSM8212 in the phone I'm trying to install on, from what
I've been able to find it can do armv7.  So I should be able to use
either armel or armhf but I'd be better off with armhf?

I thought I had modified the Debian Kit enough but I ended up with a
bunch of armel debs.  And then it couldn't extract the first one (acl)
because it didn't have xzcat.  I replaced the debootstrap in it with
the current one but I haven't figured out where the list of files
comes from.  I got the debootstrap by having Synaptic install it on an
i386/686 machine and grabbed the deb out of the
/var/cache/apt/archives because it didn't look cpu dependant.  I
suppose I could put my SD card in a card reader and run debootstrap
under i386 with the --arch and --foreign flags to write to it.

  Alan

--
Credit is the root of all evil.  - AB1JX