Re: Fixing the armhf linker path

On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 11:04:47AM +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 11:30:53PM +0100, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
>>At the beginning of the armhf port the hard-float dynamic linker has
>>been chosen to be '/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/ld-linux.so.3'. However it
>>has been standardized later as '/lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3' [1]. We have
>>changed it in Debian, and added a patch to the glibc [2] to temporarily
>>support both paths, until all the packages have been rebuilt with the
>>new path.
>>
>>However we failed to do it for Wheezy. We also failed to do it for
>>Jessie. So let's do it for Stretch, so that we can drop the glibc
>>patches in Buster, and ensure binary compatibility with other
>>distributions.
>>
>>For that we first need to binNMU the packages which have not been
>>rebuilt since the dynamic linker change in unstable (see the list at
>>the end of the mail). Then we can have a look at getting all of them
>>migrated to testing.
>>
>>Any comments or objections?
>
>ACK, this makes sense. I spoke with Adam a while back about doing
>this. I promised I'd scan the archive for any packages still relying
>on the old linker path, but I've not got to it yet - sorry. :-/

And I did today. Scanning all the armhf debs in stretch and sid for
linker path suggests the following binary packages needing
updating/rebuilding:

          stretch   sid

main	   741	    771
contrib	     3	      4
non-free     3	      4

Logs of the found wrong linker paths (by binary package and binary)
are attached.

Support the Campaign for Audiovisual Free Expression: http://www.eff.org/cafe/