Re: SS4000E install problem

I'm a bit confused about the use of the term "squeezy" in this thread.  Squeeze and Wheezy are two different releases, aren't they?.  I was unable to install wheezy directly to my SS4000E.  However, I was able to install squeeze and then do a dist-upgrade to wheezy.  So, if someone could point me to the files used to install wheezy directly, I'd appreciate it.

As to sensors and fancontrol:  There's sort of a trick to running sensors-detect.  Say yes to the first question and then no to the next three otherwise you get a kernel oops.  Say yes to any further questions; especially the one asking if you want it added to "/etc/modules".  Finally, run "modprobe w83792d" to enable the sensors module before you start with the fancontrol stuff.

Here's a copy of my /etc/fancontrol file.  It checks every 30 seconds, mostly to cut down on the fan-nuisance factor.  The target temperature is 55 degrees C.  I don't know what Intel's target temperature was.

# Configuration file generated by pwmconfig, changes will be lost
INTERVAL=30
DEVPATH=hwmon0=devices/platform/IOP3xx-I2C.0/i2c-0/0-002d
DEVNAME=hwmon0=w83792d
FCTEMPS=hwmon0/device/pwm1=hwmon0/device/temp1_input
FCFANS=hwmon0/device/pwm1=hwmon0/device/fan1_input
MINTEMP=hwmon0/device/pwm1=55
MAXTEMP=hwmon0/device/pwm1=65
MINSTART=hwmon0/device/pwm1=255
MINSTOP=hwmon0/device/pwm1=240

Run "#/etc/init.d/fancontrol start" to start fan control.

I haven't looked into enabling LEDs and the front panel switch yet.

Just as a side note, the source code for Intel's final version - 1.4 - is available on their site.  It doesn't include items not protected by the GPL, which I suspect are the web interface items.  The hwcontrol code is there, but I understand that there are patches out there somewhere that someone has already created.

Bob