Re: lacie network space v2: upgrade from wheezy to jessie

On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 01:24:32PM +0200, Luca Olivetti wrote:
> El 17/09/15 a les 10:37, Simon Guinot ha escrit:
> >On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 08:11:10PM -0400, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> >>* Luca Olivetti <luca@ventoso.org> [2015-09-13 19:32]:
> >>
> >>I copied Simon Guinot who may know.
> >
> >Hi Luca,
> >
> >I have never tried this but I believe it is safe. Once done, just make
> >sure that your bootloader is still able to reach the Linux kernel.
> >I don't think there is something else to check.
>
> Well, I performed a dist-upgrade from the previous version to wheezy
> and it did work, but with the changes in dtb support I'm worried
> that the kernel won't have the correct dtb appended (in other words,
> I'm worried that kernel-image will be upgraded before flash-kernel).
> Is there somebody running wheezy (and a current kernel with dtb
> support) on a network space 2?
> You know, this ns2 is my mail,dns and dhcp server (as well as shared
> storage), so I need the upgrade to work ;-)

Sorry. Since I have never tried then I can't ensure it will work.
But I am confident that we should be able to recover from any kind
of situations.

If you need some help, you will be welcome on the IRC channel or the ML
of the lacie-nas.org project.

Simon