Modifying kernel bootargs

Hi,

I can't seem to figure out how to pass kernel parameters using flash-kernel. This is with flash-kernel 3.45 and linux-image-kirkwood 4.1.0-2 from testing on QNAP TS-212P.

I edit the LINUX_KERNEL_CMDLINE in /etc/default/flash-kernel, rebuild the kernel and initramfs image, reflash and... nothing. The command line in dmesg remains unchanged.

Does this require some specific uboot version? Platform support? Is this currently working for other people?

Best regards,
Jan