Re: Upgrade report: Wheezy -> Jessie on TS-419P+ and TS-212P

Am 09.05.2015 um 15:16 schrieb Arjen Meek:
> I was recently investigating whether it was safe to upgrade several QNAP
> NAS units to Jessie. Unfortunately, I found very little info on this
> and what I did find suggested there might be problems, in particular an
> unanswered post to this list made on april 5th:
>
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-arm/2015/04/msg00032.html
>
> I decided to post here about my experiences in order to provide some
> useful information to others considering upgrading Debian on their QNAP
> NASes.
>
> In short, it would appear to me that the Wheezy -> Jessie upgrade is
> safe for these units in general, and any possible remaining problems
> would have to be due to configuration specifics.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. I was still
hesitating to upgrade my TS 219 PII since I had to reinstall it the last
time after a failed upgrade from squeeze to wheezy. I finally upgraded
it after reading your post and the upgrade went through without any
problems on my device as well.

Now I have only two devices (Sheevaplug and Raspberry Pi) with wheezy
left but I will take care of that on another day.

regards,
Helmut