Re: IXP4xx (armel) support in d-i for Jessie

On Sat, 2015-04-04 at 16:47 +0200, Karsten Merker wrote:
> Hello,
>
> the Jessie installation-guide currently lists armel platform support
> for the IXP4xx flavor.
>
> IXP4xx had been supported for some time, had then been dropped due to
> kernel issues and then later been enabled again in the kernel builds
> (see https://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2014/09/msg00589.html).
> Although the ixp4xx kernel flavour is built in Jessie, there are no
> installer builds present for this flavour.

This has been true since squeeze, according to
<http://www.cyrius.com/debian/nslu2/install/>.

> If nobody objects within the next days, I'll remove the references
> to the IXP4xx platform in the installation guide.

It might be helpful to link to
<http://www.cyrius.com/debian/nslu2/unpack/>.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Quantity is no substitute for quality, but it's the only one we've got.