Re: Debian uboot vs installer vs repositories incompatible versions

On 03/22/2015 01:20 PM, Elena ``of Valhalla'' wrote:
> There is a demo universal SD image with uboot and Debian installer
> that should run on any A[12]0 device: I believe that would be the
> easiest way to get started.
>
> https://github.com/ssvb/sunxi-bootsetup/releases/tag/20141215-sunxi-bootsetup-prototype

Incidently, this was my first try, which led to the problem stated,
incompatible kernel versions in the sunxi environment and Debian
installer and/or Debian repos.
Thank you for confirming that this does sound like the easy way to go,
though :-)

On 03/22/2015 02:15 PM, Ian Campbell wrote:
> I'd recommend to use all Debian stuff, following the Debian instruction,
> since that is something we can (try to) support you with on this list.

This really is the winning ticket, as Karsten was so kind to help me out
with the working Debian-only way.
I might even have figured that one out by myself, with much more time
needed, wouldn'#t sunxi have distracted me with their wonder-SD-image :-)

Thank you again, everybody, I am a happy chap now! Probably never been
this happy while doing a Debian setup before! :-)

Manuel