Re: Debian uboot vs installer vs repositories incompatible versions

> a) create an SD card with u-boot from
>    http://d-i.debian.org/daily-images/armhf/20150322-00:30/u-boot/Cubietruck/Cubietruck.sdcard.img.gz
>    as described at
>    https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Allwinner#Creating_a_bootable_SD-Card_with_u-boot
>
> b) Unpack the tarball at
>    http://d-i.debian.org/daily-images/armhf/daily/hd-media/hd-media.tar.gz
>    onto a FAT16/FAT32/ext2/ext3/ext4-formatted USB stick and copy the
>    CD ISO image from
>    http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/weekly-builds/armhf/iso-cd/debian-testing-armhf-CD-1.iso
>    onto the USB stick as well.
>
> c) Plug both the SD card and the USB stick into your Cubietruck and
>    power the system on. This will load u-boot from the SD card, which
>    will then check for a boot script on the USB stick and load the
>    installer from the stick.

Holy moly, this works! :-D
This was almost too easy, after all the days I was pulling my hair.
Thank you so very much, Karsten!
Still installing, pretty slow with that SD-card as "HDD" (with all the
caveats). But LUKS already is configured and working, yay!

I learned quite a bunch about ARM, funny bootup methods and how awesome
flexible Debian and Linux is.

Thank you, you are a scholar and wizard!

Have a nice spring, everybody,

Manuel