Re: Question about build box hardware

2GB seems to be enough to build nearly all packages in less than a day.

Good to know.

More than 2GB was prohibitively expensive when I last checked.

I have mostly found the same to be true. There is <http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Firefly-RK3288-Quad-Core-Cortex-A17-Development-Board-Plus-4GB-DDR3-32GB-eMMC-Adapter/1710008_32248656289.html> which looks promising.

Storage interfaces can also be an issue. USB is ubiquitous on arm boards but the implementations can be shaky and this has made me wary

Do you need a lot of on-device storage all at once? With gigabit ethernet, having an on-LAN mirror + NAS for storing results might work as long as there's enough space to build the current task? Or, I may be missing something.

--
Stephen Paul Weber, @singpolyma
See <http://singpolyma.net> for how I prefer to be contacted