Re: Cubietech Cubieboard3 / Cubietruck support under Debian Jessie?

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 07:42:04PM +0000, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-10-28 at 17:51 +0000, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
> > Before I go crazy:
> >
> > There are at least three issues with full support:
> >
> > 1. "Mainline" kernel versus Allwinner/Sun-xi kernel.
> >
> > Debian support on mainline kernel does not support
> > all Cubietruck features.
>

>From the Wiki - looks like headless is fine using Debian mainline
but not necessarily HDMI / VGA.

Audio??

> Such as what? AFAIK it supports network, MMC and AHCI. WiFi worked for
> me once the firmware was added.
>
> NAND is currently missing because there is no upstream driver (I believe
> this is currently being worked on).

Thanks, that's good to know. I've got ham radio stuff which will work in
Jessie so I'm looking for Jessie support :)

> > I'm chasing up to Cambridge for the ARM mini-Debconf next week: is
> > there anything useful I can do to improve isntaller support
> > / get Jessie working better on this hardware?
>
> Please can you be more specific about what you think doesn't work with
> the installer?
>
> Most of the stuff which is missing is upstream kernel functionality, so
> if you are looking for things to do then that would be the place to
> offer to help I think.
>
> > I'm not desperately up to speed - it's been a while :)
>
> Have you seen:
> https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Allwinner ? I think it is in
> better shape than you seem to think, certainly multiple people have
> installed Jessie on Cubie* without much problems.

It's specifically Cubietruck I'm bothered about - thanks very much for a helpful reply.