Re: Help with powerbutton handling

On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 4:18 PM, Dario Piantanida wrote:

> Hello, I have an LG NAS based on Debian 6, armel arch.

BTW, Debian 6 is EOL and is no longer security supported at all on
armel (i386/amd64 have LTS support). I strongly suggest you upgrade to
Debian 7 (wheezy).

> I found some ACPI scripts and services

Are you sure this is ACPI based? I thought that systems of this
vintage would not use ACPI as it is only now starting to be introduced
with devices running UEFI boot firmware.

For a device like this with a custom Debian install not based on one
from the Debian installer/debootstrap, I would strongly suggest to
have full-system backups, including all binaries and configuration
files or at least a backup of the files that are different to those
from a standard install.

--
bye,
pabs