Re: libv8 packaging and arm64

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 03:03:57PM +0200, Jérémy Lal wrote:
>Le mercredi 10 septembre 2014 à 13:28 +0100, Steve McIntyre a écrit :
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I've been looking through the (shrinking) list of packages that we
>> don't have built yet for arm64 and I can see nodejs and friends are
>> still there. That's likely to be very important for some people
>> wanting to run web infrastructure on arm64 in future, so I'm keen to
>> get things built and ready before Jessie.
>>
>> I'm a little worried about the libv8 setup here, it must be said, and
>> slightly surprised that AFAICS the Debian packages are stuck with a
>> very old release, v3.14. I know the guys in ARM who have worked on
>> developing and merging arm64 support in upstream libv8 earlier this
>> year, and I can see that's happened as of v3.25 or so. Current
>> upstream as of yesterday is v3.29.53.
>>
>> Is there any chance you're going to get on to a newer version before
>> Jessie, please?
>
>Please read this answer i made a couple of months ago:
>https://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-javascript-devel/2014-June/008013.html

ACK. Thanks for the quick response - I appreciate you're in a
difficult situation. :-/. Do you have any feel for progress towards
nodejs 0.12 / mongodb 2.8 that you mentioned there?

"Further comment on how I feel about IBM will appear once I've worked out
 whether they're being malicious or incompetent. Capital letters are forecast."
 Matthew Garrett, http://www.livejournal.com/users/mjg59/30675.html