Re: Installability of desktops on arm64

On Wed, Sep 03, 2014 at 10:26:43PM +0100, peter green wrote:
> Andreas Henriksson wrote:
> >This should give the rest of GNOME a chance to build now...
> Unfortunately we aren't there yet.
>
> Currently installability of gnome-core is blocked by the chain
> (note: this is probablly not the only blocker, just the first
> serioues one I ran into)
>
> gnome-core->eog->libpeas->seed.
>
> Seed is blocked by a general FTBFS for which there has been a link
> to a patch in the bug report for 4 and a half months but no response
> from the maintainers regarding when they aim to get that fix into
> debian (or alternatively what is blocking getting it in).

libpeas FTBFS on a number of arches (including release arches) if seed
support is compiled in.  I see in the changelog that seed support is
disabled on powerpc, s390x, sparc, hurd and mips.  To get things moving
on alpha I just disabled the seed support and uploaded to deb-ports
unreleased, and added a request for alpha to be put in the seed
exclusion list to bug 757241.

Cheers
Michael.