Re: Cubox-i-notes questions

Hi Robert,

thanks for replying.

On Tuesday 05 August 2014 17:30:16 Robert Schwebel wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 03, 2014 at 02:22:10PM +0200, Rainer Dorsch wrote:
> > > Debian jessie could likely go final around December and predictions
> > > are the jessie kernel will be 3.16. My hope is full support for the
> > > Cubox hardware is mainlined into the 3.16 by then - a year after I
> > > purchased the device.
> >
> > I am not a kernel expert, but I have not seen significant work going
> > into the 3.16 kernel for imx6.
>
> Let me note that moving the IPU core code out of staging in 3.16 was
> the result of about a year of work ... :-)

I did not want to make the effort look small, I simply did not notice that this
update went into 3.16

I read the announcement on

http://lwn.net/Articles/607527/

and imx6 is not even mentioned there.

Is there a good way to follow the progress of imx6 in mainline without reading
through all the git logs? If I have to read git logs, is there an efficient way
to filter the relevant logs? Is best to follow alkml?

> > If you need video or wireless, I recommend to use either the 3.0.x or
> > the 3.10.x kernel from solid-run.
>
> We continue to work on the video features of the IPU and VPU for
> mainline. VPU patches are already on alkml + linux-media, with more to
> come.

Wow, very impressive.

Many thanks for driving that forward.

Rainer