Re: DTBs in cd images, kexec & installer testing

On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 2:03 AM, Neil Williams wrote:

> Sidenote:: d-i.debian.org doesn't work as just the IP address, so the
> locations cannot be given directly to tftp in u-boot as that needs a
> serverip and a directory. This makes it harder to replicate what LAVA
> is doing when testing by hand because the files from d-i.debian.org
> need to be downloaded to a tftp server directory first.

The Debian sysadmins can probably help fix that, however I guess it
would be better to force verification of the authenticity of the
downloaded files, which I'm assuming u-boot wouldn't be capable of
doing.

> ISOs are not just about optical drives. (Yes, there are ARMv8 platforms
> currently available which have DVD rewriters installed). ISOs are also
> a good way (possibly the most common way) of writing an SD card and
> the only way to get some devices to boot.

I wonder if there are systems that can boot from USB CD/DVD drives,
IIRC the latter exists.

--
bye,
pabs