Re: Cubox i2ultra does not boot with Debian u-boot

On Sun, Jul 13, 2014 at 10:38:18AM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 13, 2014 at 09:37:39AM -0700, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:

> > But yes, 2014.07-rc4 appears to include support for SPL on imx6, although
> > the only board using it is gw_ventana.  It might be feasible to re-work
> > the cubox-i patches to use the upstream support, and eventually get the
> > patches upstream.

Correction, mainline u-boot git has support for SPL on imx6, but it wasn't
added till after v2014.07-rc4.

> Have you tested 2014.07-rc4 on the cubox-i?  I haven't yet; I would assume
> that Rainer would be using unstable rather than experimental if he's trying
> to get this booting for the first time with Debian.

2014.07~rc4+dfsg1-1 does work on my cubox-i i4pro.

> As for upstreaming, the patches were split the way they were in order to
> facilitate such upstreaming but while I've pointed SolidRun at my work to
> split the patches (and my rebasing work), I don't know that anyone's made a
> serious effort at pushing these upstream yet.
>
>   https://github.com/vorlonofportland/u-boot/tree/2014.04-SPL-SATA
>   https://github.com/vorlonofportland/u-boot/tree/2014.04-imx6-SPL-support
>   https://github.com/vorlonofportland/u-boot/tree/2014.04-cubox-i-support
>
> I suppose if you've got 2014.07-rc4 in experimental now, that implies you've
> forward-ported the patches and I should have a look at providing updated
> branches.

I don't recall any significant changes required, just needed to unfuzz the
patches.

But it looks like more forward-porting will be needed against mainline u-boot
for 2014.07~rc4+

live well,
  vagrant