Cubox i2ultra does not boot with Debian u-boot

Hello,

I installed an SD card for a cubox-i2ultra following my installation notes and
Vagrant's feedback:

https://lists.debian.org/debian-arm/2014/07/msg00026.html

At the end, it turned out that Debian u-boot does not work for the cubox-
i2ultra. The u-boot SPL is not started on the cubox-i2ultra (i.e. no outputs
on the serial console, no red front light).

The same SD card starts on the cubox-i4pro flawless the SPL.

The cubox-i2ultra boots e.g. geexbox-devel-20140707-r9600c65.cuboxi.img
without any issues.

I checked on the cubox irc channel with rabeeh:

[12:36] <rabeeh> _rd: i think the best way to achieve things here is -
[12:36] <rabeeh> 1. clone - https://github.com/SolidRun/u-boot-imx6
[12:36] <rabeeh> 2. compare board/solidrun of our tree with the patched debian
tree
[12:36] <rabeeh> 3. create an additional patch
[12:37] <rabeeh> notice that the master of https://github.com/SolidRun/u-boot-imx6 already supports ALL of CuBox-i and HummingBoard boards
[12:38] <rabeeh> jnettlet mentioned to me that u-boot finally accepted i.mx6
SPL patchset; due to that the CuBox-i and HummingBoard patches can be
upstreamed

Is the debian u-boot

http://sources.debian.net/src/u-boot/2014.07~rc4+dfsg1-1/debian/patches/cubox-support.diff

supposed to be uptodate or are there things from solid-run missing?

Thanks,
Rainer
--
Rainer Dorsch