Re: updating Sheevaplug and Openrd patches for u-boot v2014.07

On 10/07/2014 09:04, drEagle wrote:
> Héllo hackers,
>
> On 10/07/2014 06:47, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:

>>> Would it be possible to get these merged upstream so we don't have
>>> this issue in future?
>>
>> I new I left something out. Yes, of course, upstreaming of patches would be
>> preferable!
>
> Agree with you, it's an important missing part from the mainline u-boot for the SheevaPlug.
>
> I have already made some tries to do so, but never successed... for now.

> My patch was taken by Debian (thanks for this) the only MMC enabled uboot for SheevaPlugs.
>
> Mainline u-boot had (again) change the initialization process for MMC [1] so I had made some quick revisions of the MVSDIO driver.

I forget to say,

To use this new MVSDIO/MMC driver for kirkwood, which is a replacement of the old MVSDIO driver, the config files (open-rd, guruplug, and may be other kirkwood based) must define CONFIG_MRVL_MMC instead of CONFIG_MV_SDIO.

If anyone know a good article(s) and/or book(sà for GIT and UpStreaming, if possible in french language, I am still searching complete and clear howto.

Enjoy,