Re: [Bulk] Re: Dreamplug - debian installer

On Wed, 2014-06-25 at 12:30 +0100, Michael Howard wrote:
> On 25/06/2014 07:58, Ian Campbell wrote:
> > https://lists.debian.org/debian-arm/2014/06/msg00093.html reads to me as
> > "this doesn't work for me, please help". Was it intended as something
> > else? Do you not want to install Debian on your dreamplug?
> >
> > Ian.
> >

> I can't help the way you read.
>
> I went through the process to help out a friend who was trying to
> install his dreamplug but the debian installer would not work for him.
> So, I tried the process, with two of my dreamplugs and it failed for me
> too. I mailed this list as much to inform whomever it may concern that
> the debian installer does not work as failures like this are likely to
> turn people away from Debian.

I've now tried Wheezy u-boot + Wheezy installer, Wheezy u-boot + Jessie
daily installer and Jessie u-boot + Jessie daily installer. All of them
booted fine for me on my dreamplug using the procedure I outlined
earlier in the thread.

So I'm afraid either the issue is something strange on you and your
friend's end or we'll have to wait for someone else to trip over it who
is willing to work with us to provide the kind of detail needed to
figure out what is actually going on.

> I already have debian installed on my DPs and if I didn't, there are
> much easier ways (for me) to install afresh.

How nice for you.

Ian.