Re: Dreamplug - debian installer

On Wed, 2014-06-18 at 17:46 +0100, Michael Howard wrote:
> Anybody tried a standard 'debian-installer' install recently on the
> Dreamplug?

Not recently. I'm about to leave on a trip so I won't have time to try
anything until next week.

> Doesn't work here on any recent u-boot with any version of debian with
> _any_ of my three dreamplugs.
>
> All I end up with is "Starting kernel ..."

Which u-boot versions and with which specific kernel versions have you
tried?

The factory supplied u-boot has a bug and doesn't work with most modern
kernels.

> I don't even get to see Uncompressing ... blah blah blah :)
>
> Maybe the installer thinks it knows better about where the console is?

No, the uncompressing stuff is from lower level printing even than the
console.

Ian.