Re: Support for sunxi-based ARM systems in d-i

On Tue, 2014-06-10 at 11:50 -0400, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
> On 6/10/2014 10:49 AM, Ian Campbell wrote:

> > I'm not sure what you mean by "create a standard installer" (compared
> > with building a custom one).
> >

> Just one which duplicates the existing one out there.

I see, just trying to replicate the existing stuff before modifying it.
That is sensible.

> >> Paul, if I knew enough to provide an intelligent bug report, I would.
> >
> > Even "I tried X because the doc at Y said Z" would be useful to know I
> > think, at least then we would have a basis for improvement.
> >
> > Ian.
> >

> All I can suggest is - forget everything you ever knew about creating an
> installer.  Then try to follow the instructions, assuming you are also
> not a Linux sysadmin and have never built a system before.

I'm already not a Linux sysadmin.

I am more than willing to (at least try to) help you if you are willing
to try to get started and ask questions when you get stuck, even if that
is on the first sentence of the document. For installer stuff
debian-boot@ is probably the right forum.

Ian.