Re: Support for sunxi-based ARM systems in d-i

On 6/10/2014 10:49 AM, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-06-10 at 10:33 -0400, Jerry Stuckle wrote:

> I'm not sure what you mean by "create a standard installer" (compared
> with building a custom one).

Just one which duplicates the existing one out there.

>>> If this was the documentation you were following, the debian-boot list
>>> would probably appreciate a bug report or fixes to the page.
>>>
>>> https://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Build
>>>

>> Paul, if I knew enough to provide an intelligent bug report, I would.
>
> Even "I tried X because the doc at Y said Z" would be useful to know I
> think, at least then we would have a basis for improvement.
>
> Ian.

All I can suggest is - forget everything you ever knew about creating an
installer.  Then try to follow the instructions, assuming you are also
not a Linux sysadmin and have never built a system before.

Now you're where I am.

Jerry