Re: Support for sunxi-based ARM systems in d-i

On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 7:53 AM, Ian Campbell <ijc@hellion.org.uk> wrote:
> On Sun, 2014-05-18 at 14:54 -0700, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:
>> On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 07:41:58PM +0200, Karsten Merker wrote:
>> > attached is a small patch against flash-kernel to add machine db
>> > entries for the Cubieboard 1/2 and the Mele A1000.
>> > I'll probably get access to a Cubieboard2 sometime next week and
>> > will test an installation on it, but for the Cubieboard 1 and the
>> > Mele somebody else would have to give them a try.
>>
>> Thanks for your work. I could test on a Cubieboard 1...
>
> I've not written my notes into prose for the wiki yet but, perhaps they
> are sufficient for you and others to get going with though.

 great!  this is *exactly* what i suggested be written up (note-form
is perfect), and exactly why i suggested it be written up as well [to
help others].

 now it will serve as a reminder for you as well, ian, in a few months
when this has dropped out of electrical memory in your brain.

 the only other thing that's missing is a [brief] list of repos to
download and compile up.  yes the patches have been submitted to the
list but it's unclear as to where and what they should be applied to.
a small group of people with massive amounts of experience will be
able to work that out but everyone else will not.

so, ben (re-cc'd) - is it clear now that this is reasonable to ask
about and relevant to ask for on the debian-arm mailing list?  apart
from having to make it clear by way of comparison was there _any_
mention of quotes my quotes project in the above?  if you do not
respond i will assume that you are happy and that you will stop making
adversarial assumptions.

l.