Re: [RFC] flash-kernel hook to prepend to boot script

On Thu, 2014-06-05 at 16:49 -0600, dann frazier wrote:
> > +	if dpkg --compare-versions "$configver" ge "$transver"; then
>
> hm.. that should probably be s/ge/ge-nl/. In the case of a fresh
> install, I don't think we want to incorporate /proc/cmdline. f-k-i
> will do that for us at d-i install time, and we probably don't want to
> make assumptions about the environment if the user is installing f-k
> outside of d-i.

Yes, I think supporting apt-get install flash-kernel is useful for
people trying to install on a system which doesn't yet have flash-kernel
support. Sure they could edit /etc/defaults/flash-kernel by hand while
they are mucking around with /etc/flash-kernel/db -- but it would be
better if they didn't have to.

Ian