Re: Upgrade to linux-image-3.12-1-kirkwood on qnap ts-110 bricks the NAS (until recover)

Hardy Griech ha scritto:
> How many devices are using dhcp on the TP-Link?  If it is a very limited
> number I suggest to give the devices static IPs (temporarily) and use
> the debian machine as dhcp.  Or as Ian suggested check if you can limit
> dhcp to certain MACs.

I can safely set the debian machine with a static address and switch
dhcp off in the router, so I'll do that. It's a home network, I don't
care if other PCs won't have net access while I do this.

> If you have the mtdX it should be easy to create a bootable image, just
> follow Martins description on the recovery page - look for initrd and
> kernel links on the page.

Yes, a simple cat command should be easy enough.

> yes, that is correct.

Great! I was hoping for that.

> Yes, yes.  Read the recovery page after that read
> http://www.cyrius.com/journal/debian/installer-flash-kernel.  Follow the
> instructions given tightly.  Esp. you have 'Follow the installer until
> you reach the partitioner, then choose "go back"'.

Ok, I'll re-read everything carefully before doing anything. Thank you
very much for your support, I'll document what I do and report back.
I'll let you know if everything was fine or if I need some more info.

thanks everybody,
Iacopo