Re: Upgrade to linux-image-3.12-1-kirkwood on qnap ts-110 bricks the NAS (until recover)

Hardy Griech ha scritto:
> Do I understand correctly:
> - the NAS is connected to the internet via the TP-Link
> - your Debian machine is on the other side of earth also somehow
>   connected to the internet
> - which means:
>   "Debian machine" <-> Router <-> Internet <-> TP-Link <-> NAS

No, the situation is:
NAS <-> Router <-> Debian machine <-> ssh <-> me

> My setup for recovery was actually "Debian machine" <-> NAS.  So there
> is a slight difference between the two setups...

I may do NAS <-> Debian machine directly, but then I wouldn't be able to
access it via ssh as it only has one net card, so I'd rather keep the
router in the middle as dhcp server so I can still access the Debian
machine through Internet.

> Steps 0 and 1 are easy, while step 2 is the hardest part.

Actually I thought 0 and 1 were the hardest""

> Questions:
> - any other computer on your fathers side available?

See above

> - computing skills of your father?

Poor. But he has electronic skills so he can't plug everything and I can
take care of the computing part.

Thank you,
Iacopo