Re: Upgrade to linux-image-3.12-1-kirkwood on qnap ts-110 bricks the NAS (until recover)

Hardy Griech ha scritto:
> I will try to lead you through this process, if you promise to document
> it and make it available somehow.

Yes, if I make it, I'll be happy to write a piece of documentation for
the process.

> First questions:
> - do you have a serial console for the TS-110?

No. But I believe I can buy one if necessary. just keep in mind that
I've never worked with a serial console.

> - what (IT) infrastructure do you have?
>   Esp.: server with dhcp, lftp

My home router (a TP-Link TD-W8970) is acting as dhcp server but my main
computer is a Debian testing machine, so I can install whatever is needed.

> - do you have your mtdX files available

Yes, I have.

Right now I also have another little problem: I'm in the opposite part
of the world in respect to my nas, and I will be for the whole year.
I'll have to ask my father to actually do all the bits that require
physical interaction (I can ssh to my machine to do the typing bits)
like removing HDD and connecting cables, so I believe this will take
some time since he can't speak English so I'll have to act as a peer for
these instructions. Oh, and there are the 10 timezones of difference of
course, but that is a minor problem :)
I hope you're still willing to help me out, but if not I'll understand.
I still need to recover the nas quite before next year though, so sooner
or later I'll need some help or a guide.

thanks,
Iacopo