Re: linux-image-3.11-2-armmp_3.11.8-1_armhf not include AHCI_IMX

On Tue, 2013-12-17 at 13:31 +0800, Niew, Sh. wrote:
> On Dec 13, 2013, at 6:34 PM, Ian Campbell <ijc@hellion.org.uk> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2013-12-06 at 13:54 +0800, Niew, Sh. wrote:
> > [...]
> >> Is it ahci_imx need ahci_platform compile with yes?
> >
> > IMHO it should be loaded automatically as required. This is probably
> > something which you need to take up with the upstream developers I'm
> > afraid.
>
> Before reaching to the upstream, i get the v3.13-rc4 a shot
> And the issue is eliminate, but i not include every part as like the debian config included.

So to make sure I understand what you are saying: You built upstream
v3.13-rc4 with a config which was different to the Debian one and it
worked fine?

If so then either something is fixed between 3.12.3 and 3.13-rc4 or
there is something in the config which matters. My money would be on a
code change, but perhaps you could try with a config which is mostly the
same as the Debian one? (i.e. start from the Debian config and run "make
oldconfig").

> At least with:
>
> $ grep AHCI /boot/config-3.13.0-rc4
> CONFIG_SATA_AHCI=m
> CONFIG_SATA_AHCI_PLATFORM=m
> CONFIG_AHCI_IMX=m
> # CONFIG_SATA_ACARD_AHCI is not set
>
> $ grep SATA /boot/config-3.13.0-rc4
> # CONFIG_SATA_PMP is not set
> CONFIG_SATA_AHCI=m
> CONFIG_SATA_AHCI_PLATFORM=m
> # CONFIG_SATA_INIC162X is not set
> # CONFIG_SATA_ACARD_AHCI is not set
> # CONFIG_SATA_SIL24 is not set

The two big differences from the Debian config look like SATA_ACARD_AHCI
and SATA_PMP, I don't really know what they are but they don't seem like
they would be related to the sort of issue you are seeing.

Eventually I expect 3.13-rcX will hit experimental, it would be worth
retesting at that point.

Ian.