Re: Debian on QNAP 419P II

Just wanted to report a successful install. Compared to my old TS209 the throughput increased vastly. I have a gigabit network and with the TS209 I got about 140 Mbit/s (RAID1 with two disks). Now I get about 700 Mbit/s (RAID6 with four disks). Tests were performed with iperf against a very capable Dell laptop with SSD, Win 7 and Cygwin. Just for kicks I'm going to try a RAID0 with four disks to see if I can push that number even higher.

BTW Martin, on http://cyrius.com/debian/kirkwood/qnap/ts-41x/uboot/ it's not enough to set 'ipaddr'. You also have to set 'eth1addr'. They have to be both set, I don't know why. I ended up using 'fatload' instead (inspired by http://cyrius.com/debian/kirkwood/sheevaplug/install/), which is easier and faster IMO.

/Björn

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 3:26 PM, Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> wrote:
* Björn Wetterbom <bjorn@wetterbom.se> [2013-10-17 15:16]:
> How right you are. Well, Martin is a thorough guy, so I'm sure it's not
> there by accident, i.e. it's supported.

Obviously not thorough enough. ;)  I'll add it to the index and install
pages.

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/