Re: Donation of a Calxeda Highbank node

Hello,

2013/4/26 Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org>:
> On Fri, 26 Apr 2013, Hector Oron wrote:

>> * DSA hat: The machine shall not be a debian.org machine, so DSA could
>> export accounts if requested.
>> * Buildd hat: The machine shall not be used to run buildd software to
>> build official packages.

> Did you get those answers from the relevant teams? Was there a rationale
> for those answers?

Yes, I did check with DSA. With porters and buildd team, I did not
check, besides saying here, so whoever is interested is able to
forward their opinion. For the rationale, you probably already have
enough information on this discussion thread.

>> Now, Raphael, apparently you got a contact already with the donator
>> and a root account on the server machine. Would you be willing to
>> admin or handout root access to few ARM porters, so DD accounts could
>> either be exported or create local accounts for people willing to play
>> with the machine?

> I can give root rights to porters who want to administrate the machine,
> yes.
>
> I'd rather not have to take care of routine maintenance but I can stay as
> a backup in case of need.
>
> To be a useful porter machine, it would be nice if all DD can have access
> to it. But if it's not administrated by DSA, I don't know if the newly
> announced self-served chroot service can be setup on this machine.

Yes, we can do that. I'll contact you privately and I'll take over the setup.

If any porter fancies to admin such machine, please contact Raphael and myself.

Regards