Re: Donation of a Calxeda Highbank node

Hello,

2013/4/12 Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org>:

> OffensiveSecurity owns a Calxeda Highbank cluster of ARM machines[1] and is
> willing to dedicate one of the nodes to Debian.

Thanks, that is a very kind offer and with ARM hat on, we cannot
reject the offer, it makes it very interesting as a playground
machine. However, let me make some points here:

* ARM porters hat: It is very interesting machine, and very useful to
start experimenting with it as Debian is seeking for a full Calxeda
chassis.
* DSA hat: The machine shall not be a debian.org machine, so DSA could
export accounts if requested.
* Buildd hat: The machine shall not be used to run buildd software to
build official packages.
* Kernel hat: As Ben already stated, ARM multiplatform kernel should
already support this machine.

Now, Raphael, apparently you got a contact already with the donator
and a root account on the server machine. Would you be willing to
admin or handout root access to few ARM porters, so DD accounts could
either be exported or create local accounts for people willing to play
with the machine?

Best regards