Re: CLI firewall app

On Wed, 17 Apr 2013 17:58:32 +0100
Richard Bown <richard@g8jvm.info> allegedly wrote:

> OK thanks
> I've used nmap on it and it only has 22,111,and 631. open  ,I'd like
> to put an FTP server on it, or will loading a FTP server
> automatically open port 19 ? Which is the most lite weight FTP server
> to use ??? Thanks

Ummm. Why run nmap against it? You must have ssh access in order to
install software so try netstat, or lsof (man netstat or man lsof will
help you).

FTP listens on port 21, not 19, and yes, installing an FTP server
will open that port by default.

I quite like proftpd, but vsftpd is quite lightweight.

Mick

blog: baldric.net
gpg fingerprint: FC23 3338 F664 5E66 876B  72C0 0A1F E60B 5BAD D312