Re: Booting Debian on my Arndale board

Phil Endecott wrote:
> I have got as far as a login prompt, about twice.  But
> normally the boot process seems to stop at some random point,
> maybe when "Activating swapfile" or "Cleaning up temporary
> files".  Sometimes it pauses for a bit, then makes some more
> progress, then stops more permanently.

> should I be able to use this Linaro Ubuntu kernel (and their
> U-Boot) to boot a Debian armhf system?

It seems to boot reliably if I disable concurrent init with

# touch /etc/init.d/.legacy-bootordering

As you can imagine I have spent a lot of time trying random stuff before
stumbling on this.....

I see that the Ubunutu image uses upstart so presumably it wouldn't
encounter whatever underlying problem this indicates.

Any ideas what might be going on?

Cheers,  Phil.