Dreamplug - AP mode

Hi All,

I have a dreamplug that I need to use in wifi AP mode. It's one of the newer models. In fact I have two that I'm currently working with, the serials are in the ranges 12* & 13*. However, the kernels are missing certain capabilities that I also need, nf_conntrack_netlink, is one example.

As I understand it, if I upgrade the kernel I lose AP mode.

I'm currently attempting to set up a transparent proxy with shorewall & squid and the shorewall config causes the following error;

RTNETLINK answers: Operation not supported
ERROR: Command "ip -4 rule add fwmark 202/0xff pref 10000 table 1" Failed

due to lack of kernel support (I think?). The same config works on an upgraded DP but that has no AP mode.

Any kind soul offer any tips on my possible options? I guess with the original kernel source I could just reconfigure.

Cheers,
Mike.

--

Any question is easy if  you know the answer ...