Re: Debian on thecus N2100

On 10.04.2013 16:41, Brian Platt wrote:
I'm tring to install debian on the Thecus N2100 using the instructions from
http://www.cyrius.com/debian/iop/n2100/ however when formatting the partitions the bar goes up to
33%  (I know it can take ages for the bar to update) as expected however for some reason after a few
minutes hard disk activity stops and eventually the network connection is dropped. It seems someone
had a similar problem here
http://blog.coldtobi.de/1_coldtobis_blog/archive/171_installing_debian_on_the_thecus_n2100_--_part_3_--_installing_debian.html .
I've tried raid non raid single and dual drives, manual and guided setup and it always fails. I've
also tried the ssh connection via putty and via linux terminal. I thought it was  hardware problem
so bought another one with new drivers etc and still the problem exists.

Anyone got any ideas what could be going on?

Try another hdd model.