Re: NAS raid with Debian?

Am 04.04.2013 02:00, schrieb Rick Thomas:

Are there any readily available, inexpensive (US$200-500), NAS (Network
Attached Storage) boxes in the 1-3TB capacity that are capable of
running Debian and NFS?

I'm looking for a device that can export a RAID-1, either ext4 or ZFS,
capacity in the 1-3TB range (two disks, each of that capacity, mirrored)
via NFSv[34] with gigabit networking.

Any suggestions?  Any experience to share?

I've recently bought a HP microserver N40L and run DEBIAN on it:

http://itcrashed.wordpress.com/2011/12/09/hp-proliant-n40l-micro-server/

It is cheaper than a 4 bay NAS and I am pleased with the performance. I've payed € 209 for the 2GB RAM/250GB HD model. Okay, I am not going to use the 250Gig HD, but I could not find an empty one. Mine is equipped with 4 2GB WD RED drives in a RAID5 array, booting from a 8BG USB-Stick

-Manfred