Re: iMX6 EOMA-68 CPU Card

On Mon, Apr 01, 2013 at 07:20:44PM +0100, luke.leighton wrote:
>  already on the CPU Card.

Oh yeah. :)

>  ... unless converted.  i'm dithering as to whether to add a TFP410
> [1] onto the mini-engineering board, to convert RGB/TTL into DVI (aka
> HDMI without the encryption and audio).  that would give a 2nd video
> output.

What resolution output is supported?  Many HDMI outputs are limited to
1920x1080 after all (with a few capable of 1920x1200).  I know hdmi can
support higher bit rates (such as what 3D and other things require),
but very few designs seem to use that, and very few computer displays
support it either (mainly TV's support the 3D option after all).

If the DVI could do more, that would probably interest some people,
although it certainly would be a deal breaker for most people.

I can see how two outputs would be interesting.  Of course all my
DVI screens are 1920x1200, and loosing the last 120 pixels vertically
sucks. :)

--
Len Sorensen