Re: missing ata-modules for d-i on efikamx: no disk found, also with wheezy Beta4

Hi Ben,

On Dienstag, 1. Januar 2013, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> The i.MX53 has a SATA controller so I think we should put pata_imx in
> pata-modules, ahci_platform in sata-modules, and libata in ata-modules.

sounds good.

> You originally wrote:
> > I've tried to use the Wheezy Alpha1 images for armhf on my efikamx,
> > but it would not find any disks, neither the internal flash nor an
> > external usbstick nor the sd-card used to boot.
>
> The log you posted shows the external USB stick being detected, so if
> the installer doesn't let you use it that's probably not a kernel
> problem.

nope. I never used an external usb stick, but I always booted from SD card.

> The sdhci-esdhc-imx driver for the SD controller is indeed missing and
> I'll add that.
>
> The driver for the internal SPI NOR flash is an MTD driver.  We don't
> have a udeb package defined for MTD drivers as they are usually either
> built-in driver or not used at all.  For mx5, only Efika needs it so
> it's modular.  Is it needed during installation?

yes, so one can install on it.

> The internal SSD is variously said to be an IDE or USB device so I
> assume it will be accessible one way or the other once the above drivers
> are added.

I had 3.2 from wheezy running on the efika, but now wiped it, as I didnt get
any graphical output to work. As said, I believe pata_imx and libata is enough
to access it, but if you prefer, I could reinstall the box with a pure wheezy
kernel and check again...

cheers,
	Holger