Re: missing ata-modules for d-i on efikamx: no disk found, also with wheezy Beta4

On Tue, 2013-01-01 at 17:57 +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
> clone 675017 -1
> reassign -1 src:linux
> tags -1 + patch
> retitle -1 missing ata-modules for d-i on efikamx, breaking d-i wheezy Beta4
> -1 blocks 675017
> thanks
>
> Hi,
>
> the fix seems to be easy:
>
> $ svn info|grep URL
> $ echo -e "libata\npata_imx" > armhf/modules/armhf-mx5/ata-modules

The i.MX53 has a SATA controller so I think we should put pata_imx in
pata-modules, ahci_platform in sata-modules, and libata in ata-modules.

You originally wrote:
> I've tried to use the Wheezy Alpha1 images for armhf on my efikamx,
> but it would not find any disks, neither the internal flash nor an
> external usbstick nor the sd-card used to boot.

The log you posted shows the external USB stick being detected, so if
the installer doesn't let you use it that's probably not a kernel
problem.

The sdhci-esdhc-imx driver for the SD controller is indeed missing and
I'll add that.

The driver for the internal SPI NOR flash is an MTD driver.  We don't
have a udeb package defined for MTD drivers as they are usually either
built-in driver or not used at all.  For mx5, only Efika needs it so
it's modular.  Is it needed during installation?

The internal SSD is variously said to be an IDE or USB device so I
assume it will be accessible one way or the other once the above drivers
are added.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
It is easier to change the specification to fit the program than vice versa.