Re: Need help with install Debian on INTEL SS4000-e

Hi Henk,

On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 08:10:39PM +0200, Henk Smit wrote:

> -       Install rammode (no change of the error)

To go to RAM mode, you should launch it with 'fis load rammode', and
then 'g'.

But wait... If you load kernel and ramdisk via {z,y,x}modem, perhaps
you don't need it since access to the network will not be needed from
inside Redboot...

See this link :

http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/armel/ch05s01.html.fr#boot-firmware

initrd in the device's RAM.)

So let's try without it at first...

> -       Install different ramdisk.gz and zImage (from link below)

Can you try once with the 'netboot' one instead of the
'network-console' ? ('netboot' was the one I used, 'network-console'
is for remote installation via ssh, IISC.)

Here is the link :

http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/dists/squeeze/main/installer-armel/current/images/iop32x/netboot/ss4000e/

After that, try :

load -v -r -b 0x01800000 -m ymodem initrd.gz
load -v -r -b 0x01008000 -m ymodem zImage
exec -c "console=ttyS0,115200 rw root=/dev/ram mem=256M@0xa0000000" -r 0x01800000

And ? Better ?

I'll cross the fingers ;)

--