Re: Need help with install Debian on INTEL SS4000-e

LO,

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 10:48:57PM +0200, Hans wrote:

> Henk Smit wrote on 20120927:
> > +No network interfaces found
>
> This is OK, see http://em7210.kwaak.net/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/wiki/DebianInstall

No, I think it's not good at all. Henk as nuked the 'rammode' of the
nas, which initialise the network interfaces (he as erased the
original flash...).

> Did you try these ?
> http://d-i.debian.org/daily-images/armel/daily/iop32x/network-console/ss4000e/
>
> > [    2.504301] No filesystem could mount root, tried:
> > [    2.509244] Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on
> > unknown-block(1,0)
> >
> > I think the Debian installation crashes when mounting the HDDs.
>
> I think it is too early to boot from the HDDs, I think you first need to
> install Debian there. I don't think you can keep the HDD contents. If
> this is not correct I hope someone will jump in.

Aren't these lines relatives to the mounting of the inirtd, before
mounting the normal root filesystem ?

I will take the original message, to see what can be done...

A+

--

JFS.