Re: Workstation based on ARM motherboard, good idea ?

On Wed, 19 Sep 2012 20:59:30 +0200, Pascal Brugier
<pbrugier@aeon-hq.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> You can run armhf on any ARMv7a cpu as long as you have kernel source
>> for it.
>>
>> http://boundarydevices.com/products/ lists two mx6quad boards.
>
> Thank you for this inforamtion.
>
> Things I forgot, it's the amount of memory use by web browser when
> many tabs are open as I do and the problems from website using flash
> or java.
>
> I thin I'll continue to use X86 for my workstation and when I'll
> upgrade my server hardware I'll loke to ARM motherboards again.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Pascal.

I've left a old one (a genesi efika mx) as a "workstation" mostly web
surfing, email and photo organisation, for my parents not so computer
aware, and it is fine.
They complaint about f***g flash, slow video player and you can't open
so many tabs in chromium...

I plan to get a imx6 board too, if one day genesis comes back from coma
Or build my own armPC

NG