Re: Workstation based on ARM motherboard, good idea ?

W dniu 17.09.2012 10:05, Pascal Brugier pisze:

> I'm wondering if it's a good idea to build a workstation based on ARM
> motherboard.

> So I'm asking if ARM plateform is a good choice at this time for a
> workstation ?

Low needs one may be fine with any dual core 1GB ram board. But SATA or
USB hard drive recommended for rootfs.

> As it's better, to have a SATA port for read/write performances, there
> is not a big choice on mother board and I found only one, it's the last
> from Freescale base on i-MX6, and 1Gb network interface is a good point
> too. But I did'nt find if I can install Debian armhf (squeeze or wheezy)
> on it, so have you some informations about this point?

You can run armhf on any ARMv7a cpu as long as you have kernel source
for it.

http://boundarydevices.com/products/ lists two mx6quad boards.