Re: Buy a raspberry pi in France

Thanks a lot for all the information Dom !

On Sun, 19 Aug 2012 15:04:19 +0100, Dom wrote:
On 19/08/12 14:24, grave wrote:
Hi,

I'd like to know if anybody has already buy a raspberry pi from a french
reseller ?
I'm planning to purchase one for development, and packaging tests.

Currently (at least) you can only buy a new Raspberry Pi from one of
the two approved suppliers.

From the FAQ (http://www.raspberrypi.org/faqs):

"Where can I buy one?

You can buy the Raspberry Pi through Premier Farnell/Element 14
(http://www.farnell.com/) and RS Components
(http://pi.rsdelivers.com/). Both distributors sell all over the
world."

Having said that, quite a few people are reporting long delivery
times from RS, so I'd recommend Element 14.

Does anybody run the dedicated debian port for it and also a chrooted
environment with the one of the armel or armhf ports ?

I run the "Raspian" Wheezy armhf port, but not in a chroot. armel on
the Raspberry Pi is the standard Debian one, with a custom kernel and
a few extra bits of software supplied.

It also might be worth you having a quick look through the forums
(http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3) to see what successes and problems
people have encountered (including the Français forum).

Thanks in advance, cordially, xavier grave

--
Dom