Re: modern cheap NAS fully supported by Debian?

On Tue, 24 Jul 2012 16:24:42 -0400
Mauricio Tavares <raubvogel@gmail.com> allegedly wrote:

>       What about the DNS320? I have been thinking on getting one and
> seeing how it would play with debian or openwrt. Thoughts?

Good cheap choice. I got mine for about GBP 45.00 unpopulated (I
already had one 1TB disk and simply added another).

Debian can be installed if you follow Jamie Lentin's advice at
http://jamie.lentin.co.uk/devices/dlink-dns325/ or you can simply
install in a chroot if you go the fonz-plug route

The fonz-plug option allows you to keep the original firmware if that
is your preference.

blog: baldric.net
fingerprint: FC23 3338 F664 5E66 876B  72C0 0A1F E60B 5BAD D312

Note that I have recently upgraded my GPG key see: