Re: AArch64 planning BoF at DebConf

On Fri, 20 Jul 2012, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> Naming
> ======
>
> Naming issues: ARM are calling the new 64-bit architecture
> AArch64. Other people don't like that and various other names have
> been proposed for use elsewhere. Debian/Ubuntu developers have already
> picked the name "arm64" in dpkg and elsewhere.

Maybe a patch should be sent to GNU config upstream so that arm64
becomes known to config.sub and config.guess as an alias for aarch64?

If the answer is yes, please do so ASAP and mail me as soon as you get a
go from upstream, so that I can fold the change in autotools-dev and
request a freeze exception to get the alias in Wheezy.

  Henrique Holschuh