Re: armel *and* armhf qualification for Wheezy

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 05:32:08PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> [ dropped -release, added direct mail to Mike; dunno if you're
>   subscribed to d-arm... ]

I'm not.

> >OK, cool. Building with ld and gold on a panda right now, to see how
> >they compare.
>
> Something I didn't expect - it seems the toolchain in sid armhf is
> already configured to use gold by default using symlinks. I've done a
> gold build, now running with ld.bfd for comparison.
>
> Using gold, build time of ~8 hours.

Another thing that may help, is to use the stabs format instead of
dwarf, if the arm toolchain supports that.
If you want to try that, you can add:
   ac_add_options --enable-debug-symbols=-gstabs
to both debian/xulrunner.mozconfig and debian/iceweasel.mozconfig, and
change ASFLAGS in debian/rules to -gstabs.

(I should probably make that easier)

Cheers,

Mike