Re: IPv6 on sheeva-plug with new squeeze kernel

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 02:28:57PM +0100, John Winters wrote:
>On 15/05/12 12:56, Arnaud Patard (Rtp) wrote:
>[snip]
>>Please make sure that the new kernel has been flashed and that you've
>>rebooted after that.
>
>Seconded.
>
>I find I need to do an explicit flash-kernel on both my SheevaPlugs
>after any kind of upgrade involving the kernel.
>
>Despite the name, it doesn't actually flash anything on a SheevaPlug;
>it just builds new uInitrd and uImage files in the /boot directory.

That's all it needs to do on some platforms, yes. I blogged about the
setup I did for the imx53 and marvell buildd boards at ARM, which
includes a bit of tweaking to make sure f-k is run
automatically. Changes in newer packages (since squeeze) will make
these obsolete, but if you're not there yet they may help you too.

"This dress doesn't reverse." -- Alden Spiess